Thursday, September 6, 2007

Rich or Famous?

I'm posting charts of some recently initiated positions.



PRFT raised guidance in August, and had a good ER. However, the stock appears to be near overbought in the short term. I have some dry powder, so I will try to double my current position on any pullback. I have 300 shares at $23.94 average.


ONNN is likely familiar to many momentum traders. It looks to me like the big move has consolidated. ONNN guided sales down for Q3, but the stock has stayed strong despite this, and has held up well during the market weakness. I think it goes higher. I added shares today, bringing me up to 700 @ $12.29 average. Unfortunately, I bought my first lot yesterday during what I thought was a breakout. The breakout failed (yikes) and I bought near the HOD. I will try and buy a future dip rather than sell it.

The Fly, in the comments section of the previous post, seems to want to make me famous. See, he thinks that I typically buy high and sell low. Which is true. However, I am very good about taking losses, and if you follow my trades, you'll see I have more losers than winners, but the losers are small, and winners are bigger. You see, its a numbers game. Loeb states, "The most important single thing I learned is that accepting losses promptly is the first key to success." So I'm not sure why Fly wants me to sit on losers, violate a trading fundamental, and discontinue the only part of trading at which I'm particularly good, but I'm sure he has his reasons. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Sierra Water said...

Wood, it's coming back this weekend hopefully. In all honesty, I deleted it on accident. I was trying to go to a 3 panel.

Sierra Water said...

Check out the video of Paulson on the Credit Markets on Bloomberg. When he mentioned he was focosed on more "complex" type financial instruments he was referring to OTC derivatives. The writing is on the wall.

Anonymous said...

Microvision CFO Exercises Options
AP
Posted: 2007-08-22 14:11:20
NEW YORK (AP) - The chief financial officer of scanner and imaging display maker Microvision Inc. exercised options for 40,000 shares of common stock, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing Tuesday.

In a Form 4 filed with the SEC, Jeff Wilson reported he exercised options for the shares Aug. 15 for $2.77 apiece, and then sold all of the shares the same day for $4.70 apiece.

Insiders file Form 4s with the SEC to report transactions in their companies' shares. Open market purchases and sales must be reported within two business days of the transaction.

Microvision is based in Redmond, Wash.
WTF!?