Sunday, July 22, 2007

Floyd County & Chateau Morissette

This past weekend, the Woodshedder family took off to Floyd County, Virginia to look at some property. We ended up looking at 9 different pieces of land. I'm not sure that we were really impressed by any of them. Land is getting expensive around that area as it is becoming well known for its music and artisans. Also, it is a quick 20 minute drive to Virginia Tech.

On Sunday, we drove over to Chateau Morissette. This winery, the largest in Virginia (if I remember correctly from the tour), makes my wife's favorite wine, The Black Dog. We enjoyed checking out the grounds and having a nice lunch outside. While we were eating lunch, the actual Black Dog, which is featured on the home page, was making his way about the small groups of people. There was another family who had brough their dog, an Austrian Shepherd, I believe, and The Black Dog and the Shepherd begain to sniff about each other. After a few short seconds, The Black Dog suddenly opened a can of whoop-ass on the the Shepherd. The owner of the Shepherd tried to pull the two apart, but his leash snapped. There were various odd screams from other onlookers. One would guess that these types never guessed a good dog fight would get in the way of their mediocre live jazz or their Chardonnay and Sangria. Anyway, after the fight, it was very funny to watch the various groups of people discuss the fight. The guy whose dogged got whooped mentioned something about "killing" the other dog. At that point, I don't think he realized it was The Black Dog that his dog scrapped with. I should note that neither dog was seriously injured.

All this prompted me to think that Chateau Morissette should make a t-shirt proclaiming "I visited Chateau Morissette and all I got was my dog's ass whooped."

I tell all this because I really have nothing else to write about. I did no research over the weekend, for the reasons above. Also, a few of my stocks are getting squashed, for whatever reason, and I just needed to recount the weekend's events and have a good laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, reminiscing of days gone by is one of my favorite ways to pass the time whilst various positions are getting hit. It helps numb the pain.

Caffeinated said...

I'm not having that issue today, yet.