Saturday, April 14, 2007

Doing My Numbers With Stockalicious

For the week, the account was up 1.5%, or $1,667.00.

Year to date, the account is up 6.5%

Although I've used the Stockalicious trading journal/portfolio tool for only 1 month, I've generated enough data for for their charts to begin illustrating some interesting information about my account. The first screenshot shows my account versus the indexes.


The next screen shot features a new tool Stockalicious has implemented. This tool, accessible from the "Trades" tab, allows the trader to enter trades with stop losses, and tracks R (risk) for each trade. This is a great new feature, and as always with Stockalicious, the interface is easy to use.


Although I used screenshots to save my readers the legwork, my portfolio is open to all. Just click on "Woodshedder" in the widget. Anyone at anytime can see what I'm trading, and check out the statistics I'm generating.

There are two other trading bloggers that I know of using the Stockalicious widget: Mdawsz over at Get Short, and Iio at Stock Logic. Stop by their blogs and check out their Stockalicious widgets to see how their trades are working out.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

Many thanks for the kind review. As always, if you have any other suggestion, just shoot us an email.

Cheers,
The Stockalicious Team

MyFriendFate said...

I'm almost to one month too! Been looking forward to seeing a longer term comparison than the 5-day, which is the next lower timeframe.

I noticed Stockalicious added a "Trading" tab. Do you happen to know what the difference is between inputing trades using this tab vs. the "Transaction" tab?

Jeff said...

Iio, yes, the trading tab allows you to track stop loss / Risk. Also, you may have noticed when using the "transactions" tab that if you buy 1K of a stock, and then sell the 1K, and then a few days later buy the stock again, that the previous trades do not show up in the "closed positions" until you no longer have ANY position for that symbol. The "trades" tab does away with that and allows you to track individual lots and trades of the same stock. Basically the transactions tab is used for more longer term investors while the trade tab should be used for traders. There may be more to it than that, but that is what I've discovered thus far.

MyFriendFate said...

OK, that makes sense. Thanks